Saturday, April 26, 2014

8 years passed - a lifetime to go...

Well,
    My Family and I have been in Peru for eight years now, seven of which we have spent in the beautiful Andes Mountains.  We are Independent Baptist Missionaries sent out of Lighthouse Baptist Church of Indianapolis, Indiana.  Our goal is to evangelize the lost, make disciples out of new converts, and teach them to grow in the Lord as we plant churches in the Mantaro Valley, all the while trying to fight off the devil and make a Christian home for our three little girls.  We are healthy and happy, and I hope we are making a difference where we live.  The name of our city is Huancayo (pronounced Wan KAY yo).  
    This blog started with the simple idea that we have a lot of things to share, but not everyone wants to sit and listen to our stories for hours on end.  So for those of you who have an interest in our life and ministry - Thank you.  Things are happening everyday, and the Lord has blessed us with a wonderful ministry. Whenever we are asked, "How long do you plan to stay in Peru?" our answer is "For life!"  If the Lord were to send me elsewhere, I will pack up my family and move; but not until then.  I came to stay.  

Stay tuned for more.  I have an 11-page blog that I have yet to post about my most recent trip to the Peruvian jungle.  

In Christ,
Markos for the Lindseys

No comments:

Post a Comment